I am going through the worst possible experience ever with Citibank India. I am running Pillar to Post since one month for a wire transfer that was done a month back! The money was received by citibank on August 29th and has not been remitted anywhere!

I made a wire transfer of USD 637.10 from a etrade - a U.S. Bank on August 28th. On September 8th, when I contacted Citibank, the citiphone officer confirmed that the fund is received by the Bank and asked me to send an email stating the purpose of remittance. I sent the email and contacted the Bank after two days, since I did not the funds to my account.

I made two queries -

Did the Bank receive my email. If so when?

Was the funds returned? If so When?

I still have not got any satisfying answers.

When contacted e-trade, e-trade says they have not received the funds back from Citibank.

I made multiple calls to citiPhone and visited the citibank branch and gave written complaint. Till date no answer been given or the query been attended to! Despite promises from both citiphone and branch officials, they are not able to trace the money. They continue to make the same false promises since one month.

The response of the Bank officials had been extremely irresponsible and unprofessional.

Review about: Citibank Money Transfer.

Had an Experience with Citibank?

Comments