Norfolk, Virginia
2.1

I checked my account on July 5, 2019 only to find that it was overdraft by $6. I then called to see why and they let me know that I was charged a service fee in the amount of $12 which over drafted my account.

I asked why I was charged a service fee when I was told the previous month that I would not be because I have direct deposit and a monthly bill coming out. I told it was because the bill that I had coming out every month was not linked through their app. Complete BS. I was then told I would not be assessed and overdraft fee if a deposit was made in 24 hours.

The next day I deposited $176 into the account to take it out of overdraft.

I paid my insurance and was left with $15 in the account. This morning 7/9/19 I wake up to see my account over drafted $19. Called to see why and was told they assessed me an overdraft fee of $34. I let the rep know what I was told and asked how it is even possible to give a positive account an over draft fee.

I was told that they could assess one before 24 hours on fee's they charge you with. So I was charged a 434 over draft fee for a $12 charge that they charged me with which put my positive balance into the negative. I was then told I may get another over draft fee for them over drafting my account. They are horrible and do things like this all of the time.

I will be opening another account today because I am sick of their predatory nature. Shame on you Citibank!

Product or Service Mentioned: Citibank Account.

Reason of review: Unwarranted Fee's.

Comments