A coworker had some difficulties and asked for my help. I wrote her a check from mt Chase account for 1000 dollars on Monday June 10th.

She deposited the money that same day. She was due to travel for an important event on the 12th with the 1000 dollars as her funds for the trip. She called me upset while at the airport to say Citi Bank told her I wrote a bad check and the the check would be returned. her account was locked, she had no access to her funds.

I knew I had transferred money to cover the check so I checked my account electronically and sure enough, my balance reflected the 1000 dollars were withdrawn. I called my payee and Chase in a conference call, gave consent and had the Chase representative verify to her that the money had been transferred. We then called Citi bank where I heard the representative telling her I wrote her a bad check. I spoke up and after getting permission to discuss her account status, the representative reiterated that I had written a bad check and that's why her account was locked and my check would be returned.

Check was never returned, the payee had to travel without money with a disabled child. Today we both went to a Citi bank branch where we received an apology and the explanation that the bank anticipated the check would bounce and that's why her account was locked. After keeping my 1000 dollars for an entire week, defaming my character and putting the payee through hardship, thats all we got. I suppose black people cant have 1000 dollars in their accounts.

I am disgusted because there is no other reason for this to have occurred or I am sure we would have been given an explanation. Do not bank at Citi Bank Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Product or Service Mentioned: Citibank Account.

Comments