1.1

Tried to pay my Costco Citi Credit card on November 11, 2016 in Santa Clara, California Citi Bank ATM just outside the branch in 3755 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, California. First I deposited $20 bill and later- a stack of eleven of the $20 bills while my credit card was still inside of the ATM (wanted to pay $240).The reason I decided to deposit the money in batches was that the weird ATM blows air out of the window where the bills supposed to go! So the Citi bank only deposited the first $20 bill to my account and ignored the rest ($220!!!). Customer service inside the branch (when it finally opened) "reassured " me that my payment "most likely will be late" and I have to call their 1-800 number to open investigation about my $220 in their ATM! Called the customer service and all they said that yes, we will start investigation and give me "conditional credit " until "the issue is resolved". Today I received the letter from Citi bank requiring me to provide a deposit slip and other information that would provide a proof of my deposit (which does not make any sense given that ATM has eaten my money without a trace). Just wondering if they have not noticed an extra $220 at this ATM (should not they have log for all the deposits made to the ATM? How difficult it is to connect the two consecutive deposits).

Citi is just asking for filing class action suit against them. Based on frequency of ATM use it would not be a stretch to foresee thousands of people experienced that kind of situation.

Olga

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of a product or service from Citibank. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $220 and wants Citibank to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was staff, customer service and atm. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Citibank for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Citibank?

Comments