Renton, Washington
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Jul 06, 2016

Re: Investigation.I received a letter from Citibank, dated 06/27/2016.

They had written why they were contacting me, but also that $10.19 was available immediately, and $543.00 would be as of 07/02/2016. Today (07/06/2016), I called Customer Service, then told to call the new Accounts, to then (800) 745-1534. Apparently, they cannot tell me if there's any funds in the account, there's an overdue charge for which they can't tell me how much and I kept the best for last: my checking account is still blocked. Why?

Customer Service claim that they never received my proof of address (such as a utility bill) and because the account had no activity for the past 30 days, it will be closed tomorrow & supposedly Citibank will send me a check at some point.Here's the kicker: if Citibank doesn't have a proof of address, then how did I get my Citibank card and where are they mailing my refund?

Original review posted by user Jun 25, 2016

This morning, I've decided to login into my Citibank checking account online, and discovered that I have $0.00 Available & $0.00 Deposit.There is no trace of a transaction, withdrawal or transfer.

Related: Citibank - All citi bank cares about is fees

My deposit magically vanished. I then called customer service; I gave them all of the information that they asked for, they submitted an investigation request.

In the meantime, we have no food and my fate relies on someone from another country, who reads a script and replies like a robot.There is only 1 Citibank branch in the entire state of Washington and they're closed on weekends.

Review about: Citibank Checking.

I didn't like: Unhelpfullness, No procedure or policy in place to help everyday americans.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Citibank Account
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss No sympathy or understanding. / $553
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Citibank?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.